Well here we go, the speculation is over. We are opening the doors on Saturday 4th July at 11.00am
After some trepidation as to whether we should or should not open on the 4th of July, optimism has won the discussion. We are now at final stages of preparation and are so excited to open our doors once again.
After a lot of hard work over the last couple of weeks, the tumbleweeds have been run out of town, the garden furniture and planting is refreshed and tables positioned to follow social distancing guidelines. As part of those guidelines, please note that the kiddies play area no longer exists.
Initially we will operate our bar and food services on restricted hours. We will remain closed Monday and Tuesdays. Subject to change over the coming days and weeks, our opening hours will initially be
Over the last four months, we have kept our food business ticking over doing deliveries and takeaways. Whilst we intend to concentrate on home deliveries for the time being, we will operate a reduced menu for sit down customers in the bar area and outside. We will open our restaurant on Sundays for table service only however due to limited seating, reservations are strongly recommended.
Our menu will be able available soon via www.smokehousesaloon.co.uk. If looking for takeout/home delivery, please check out our full menu on www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-swan-mokehouse-saloon-bristol/menu and then either place your order through Justeat or call us on 01454 771854 where we will be happy to assist.
What to expect at The Swan Smokehouse, Winterbourne
In following Government safety guidelines for Pubs and Restaurants, our new norm will be social distancing, floor markings, one way traffic system, tables positioned a minimum of 1 metre +, collection of visitor data for track and trace along with enhanced and frequent cleaning by our team.
- There will be a one-way system to follow. We ask that all patrons follow our staff’s instructions, observe and follow floor markings and signage.
- Please enter the pub with your full party via the front doors (on the High Street). You will be greeted by a member of staff who will guide you to a table either inside or outside depending on your party profile (see below). We have limited table capacity both inside and out. If you wish to reserve a table, please call us on 01454 771854 noting that if you are late to your table by more than 15 minutes, it may be released. Walk-ins will be assigned tables on a “first come first served basis”.
- If an inside table,
- We can sit a maximum of 6 to a table subject to occupants being from a maximum of two households
- If an outside table,
- Tables can be shard from a maximum of 6 persons from different households
- Tables may be “any number” PROVIDED everyone is a member of the same household or a member of your support bubble household
- For those drinking outdoors, we will serve drink in plastic glasses and ask customers to dispose of their used glasses in the bins provided. In addition to minimising risk of glass breakage, use of plastic glasses that are placed in bins minimises handling by our staff. Feel free to bring your own glass if this is your preference. We will serve you in a plastic glass which you will need to decant from the plastic to your own glass.
- Propping up the bar is not permitted so apologies in advance to our regulars who like to shine our bar counter with their elbows – we will have to do all the polishing ourselves for the time being 😊
- Should you wish to use the toilets, please follow the one-way system to re-enter the pub. We ask that the toilets are used by only one person at a time.
- As required by law, we ask everybody to maintain social distance. We also ask that you respect others, and to enjoy a pint with friends and/or family at your own table. You shouldremain at your assigned table unless going to the toilet or ordering food/drink (using one-way system). Please do not move tables which have been pre-positioned at a minimum of 1 metre apart and the social animal that you are, please resist the temptation to sashay over to other tables for a little chat with old amigos
- Until otherwise permitted, our waitress will bring food and drink to your table.
- We can accept cash however prefer if you pay by card at your table.
Pub life is certainly going to be different but not impossible and whilst this update is too short to cover all the procedures we are require implementing, we have in the main covered what you need know.
Please bear with us and support us in managing these new and ever-changing requirements. We are fully committed to ensuring the safety and enjoyment of our valued customers. In anticipation of your full co-operation, we would like to offer you a big THANK YOU
From the Posse - Robyn, Sandra, Becky, Georga, Jess, Josie, Dillon and Geoff
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Sandra Dolan
Comments are closed here.